Saika: 2019, Better Drivetrain

What are you building? Let's see your progress!
HerNameIsSway

Re: Saika: 2013 Pro Drift Car

Post by HerNameIsSway » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:20 am

This wasnt part of my long term plan, but since all three of my AE86s are engineless, I decided to throw one back together with spare parts while I work on the blue car for a bigger power build.

I have a 4agze I threw back in, sat since 2009 when I had it in my silver hatchback.

4agze vs blown 4age

Pressure washing.

Kill switch and boost gauge

Suspension swap

Getting close!

Fierce kitty!

Sadly I couldnt get this car finished by today, which is a drift event.
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:53 pm

whats left?
-Yoshi
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:22 am

I think I'm missing a box of random small parts that has odds and ends to put it together, such as vacuum lines and maybe a few single wire plugs. I took photo documentation of the custom wiring harness layout under the dash and in the engine bay and put everything back the way it was, but it is freaking me out a little that I see too many open ended plugs behind the engine. I'm sure they arent to be used anyway. I have a boost gauge line in that box too I think. I havent seen that box it in 4 years haha, but I definitely know it's in storage somewhere.

Need to finish the intercooler piping as well around the battery, but decided to relocate the battery to the trunk for cleaner space in the engine bay. The battery tray is rusted and broken and I think it's time to cut it all out. Headlights do not fit with the piping done the way I did so I'm thinking about removing the flip up motors and installing a bolt and cotter pin to the brackets and flip them up manually. I'm working on making it street legal again as well.

-Finish intercooler piping
-Battery relocation
-Alignment/find rack spacers somewhere
-Raise front suspension
-Re-adjust timing
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:31 am

You do have a lot of hiding places for parts.
-Yoshi
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:49 pm

It didnt help the fact that I took down a shed and moved everything from there to a new storage spot. I remember where I put things in 2009, but not the second time I moved everything around.
F1ashpoint

Post by F1ashpoint » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:41 pm

You need a taillight? I have a pair of zenki I don't need...
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:21 pm

Dude. Yes. Thanks!
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:54 pm

It's been a while since I've been on here. Car runs now on supercharged goodness. Will post up some pics soon!
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:38 pm

vidz!
-Yoshi
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:58 pm

Follow me on FB!

Took way too long to get this car finished up, but finished it the night before the drift event October 26.

Intercooler setup isnt ideal, but I'll figure out a better IC piping layout where I can continue to use headlights for street use.

Had to do it.

Halloween drift event, I was Lieutenant Horse Dangle.

Tandem Terror Train lined up. 190HP Miata, 350HP E30, and 100HP AE86.

I was the last car running at the end of the day so I was hot lapping like mad. Shooting sparks attempting an early entry.