Saika: 2019, Better Drivetrain

What are you building? Let's see your progress!
HerNameIsSway
Re: Saika: 2012 Track Slut

Post by HerNameIsSway » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:40 pm

So...

Saika's stuck on the lift at this moment, like LITERALLY stuck.

The lift is resting on locks at the highest point and you have to lift to unlock and then lower... well, the lift won't lift.

Going to have to troubleshoot the lift this weekend and try to get the car off! :lol:
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.
silvia?

Post by silvia? » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:30 pm

lol. thats hilarious and sucky at the same time!
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:29 pm

ARRGH!

I need 17 more inches of fuel main line and a union to finish her up! I wish it's Sunday night so I can get the parts the next day and finish her up!

Saika broke down exactly a month ago today! I miss her!
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:40 pm

Fuel lines are FINALLY done after making waaayy too many lips on the hardlines. Driveshaft has been installed and I just need to bleed the rear brakes and fix my lip and she's ready to roll again.
silvia?

Post by silvia? » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:48 pm

Get her off the lift yet?
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:35 pm

I finally got the car off the lift yesterday then took a shortcut through the mountains to get some gas. Halfway up the mountain (literally UP the mountain) the car pops, so I was on a not-very-wide road with no pullover spots and had to back the car all the way down the mountain into someone else's driveway. The car sounded like a party cracker, it was just popping loudly, but with low tones, haha.

I got it towed back home this morning after I got a call from the cops, turns out it wasnt a driveway i parked in, it was a public road, haha. They all look the same in the mountains!

Diff is definitely done, I'll see about taking a video, you guys gotta hear it now, haha.

Going to throw Saika's original open diff axle back on so I can drive it and at least have her ready for the drift event. If I can get a machine shop to modify the mounts on the Supra axle, maybe I can rock that by DN, but there may not be enough time. I still need to order a panhard bar. So much more to do.

N0VA_zEnKI

Post by N0VA_zEnKI » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:19 pm

:( :( I was so sad
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:50 am

I spent 5 hours last night swapping Sway's rear out to put Saika's rear back in. I dont like Saika's rear, it's WAYY TOO RUSTY >_< that's why it took so long...

For you guys that love the low... I got stuck on the trailer unloading it, had to get a jack and take the front wheels off the floor.

Finally made it to the gas station. Most I have ever put in the tank... 10.5 gallons!

Grocery shopping this morning! She's doing great!

HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:43 pm

Finally picked up a Supra LSD on the cheeeeaap! Time to look up a Supra diff rebuild kit, probably from Weir Performance and take my time and finish up this Supra axle project. This won't be done by Drift Nirvana, I'm taking my time with this.

I know it's an independent rear, I'm using the internals and tossing it in my open diff Supra axle I got a month ago.

HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:18 pm

Right after I swapped the rear end, I went to town and got gas and took a few pics at 2am.