Yoshi's E46 wagon saga

What are you building? Let's see your progress!
IslandBoy
Re: Yoshi's E46 wagon saga

Post by IslandBoy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:50 am

Hey just curious, could that clicking be your pressure plate? My clutch used to make a clicking noise with the pedal depressed about 1/8 before it hit the floor.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:54 am

Very well could be! I'm holding off on ordering parts until I've cracked it open and I'm 100% sure what's broke about it. With my luck, everything will look fine so I'll order all the clutch parts and it'll STILL make that noise.
-Yoshi
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:04 am

-Yoshi
Tamber

Post by Tamber » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:31 pm

It just fell to pieces sat there, huh? :p

Looks like a hell of a lot of destruction having to happen; but does it at least fit into a much smaller space now?
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:50 am

Not really. Right now the roof is in my backyard and the main cabin is just chilling in the yard. The back half is behind the wagon with a cover over it. I'd have cut it up more since the weekend but it's been raining the whole damn time. Sucks too because it's actually 70F the day before xmas today!
-Yoshi
Tamber

Post by Tamber » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:16 am

Damn. And I thought it was unseasonably warm here for the past week. (I mean, really, 14C+? This late in December?)
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:21 am

I should take better pictures. My resolve to make the gaming cockpit has dwindled. The parts are so big and assembling it will be a pain. I might just chuck the main cabin area. I have my hands full with making the trailer and the actual manual swap anyway. Stuff is just sitting out in the rain at this point.

I finished stripping out the interior. The E30 was a one piece carpet. I don't remember the E36 but the E46 has a second piece that starts under the seats so that's pretty cool. I took out the body/dash harness. Even though I cut it with the body, it still weighed a good 30+ lbs. Random notes are that the wiper wiring goes through the body from the passenger's side and runs to the driver's.

Of course, somewhere along the lines, ants found their home in a huge way. I literally picked up a ball of ants.
-Yoshi
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:45 pm

You know, if you had kept the floor/dash area, you could put all the interior and seats in and install a video game steering wheel and pedals to it. Ultimate gaming console.
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:25 am

It would take up sooo much space. no real point. I would just keep the dash and mount it manually you know? smaller and lighter weight.
-Yoshi
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:57 am

Updates!

This is what the prolapse of the auto shifter looks like. There's sound deadening where the manual shifter arm's bushing is supposed to go into but look! BMW perforated it for me!

Probably one of the quicker engine pulls I've done. But that's mainly because half the engine was gone already. Kept all the AC stuff together because it actually works in this car. And has a charge.

Here's where I'm sad. The self adjusting pressure plate can't be reused and this flywheel looks like this. It's better than it looks. There's some residue on it from something but I only need it to hold for a year or two. Might try a scuffing pad to see what I can get off. A new flywheel is like $300-400.

Heavy as crap. Why is there 3 mufflers bmw? Why you put cats in headers?

Drive shafts! Shorter one obviously auto. The trans cross member that looks more like a "C" is to the auto trans. I always wish things like these would be similar or close but apparently not.

Since I have no garage, I put the new engine in the bay just to keep it out of the rain and mud and squirrels. Until I can figure out the clutch situation anyway.
-Yoshi