2014-2015 builds. What's yours?

Anything goes
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:21 am

Mine is reliability. I need money mainly. But I'm just doing coolers and DD mods. Sealing up the firewall so I get less sound in the car lol. Tires and an alignment sound good to me. Putting back on the rear bar too.

What are you going to do this winter?
-Yoshi
danielsong25

Re: 2014-2015 builds. What's yours?

Post by danielsong25 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Trying to sell my car to start a new project. Doesn't look like it's going to be anything this winter though. I've been trying to sell it for a while now.
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Gonna throw the 4agze back in Saika and have some friends come over and check all wiring to make sure it is running at its peak performance since I had problems with it October a year ago to last March. Finding an SC14 pulley is taking too long so I'm leaving it on the back burner.

White coupe needs a thermostat bolt retightened since I failed the last four times. I was taught a new tightening technique I will try for a fix so I can stop losing fluid in the cooling system. Also needs valve seals replaced, it is burning oil bad.

1uz needs to be regasketed during my rear sump to front sump oil pan conversion so i can drop it in the blue coupe and leave it there. It's taking up my garage space.

AE92 needs a head swap after I pull the engine/trans out (FWD layouts are a bitch to deal with since I can't pull the intake manifold) and I need to power wash the bay after I decided to paint it with a fire extinguisher...
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:21 am

danielsong25 wrote:Trying to sell my car to start a new project. Doesn't look like it's going to be anything this winter though. I've been trying to sell it for a while now.
Can I convince you to finally go E30? lol Or at least 240. Time from purchase to track for an E30 is stupid quick. Some come with LSDs stock! Just do some maintenance, slap some lowering ish on it, dori dori.

Or do you already have a new project in mind? If so, DISH!
HerNameIsSway wrote:Gonna throw the 4agze back in Saika and have some friends come over and check all wiring to make sure it is running at its peak performance since I had problems with it October a year ago to last March. Finding an SC14 pulley is taking too long so I'm leaving it on the back burner.
it's THAT hard to find the pulley? I forget the problem with the motor but it made me fear for its life.
HerNameIsSway wrote:
White coupe needs a thermostat bolt retightened since I failed the last four times. I was taught a new tightening technique I will try for a fix so I can stop losing fluid in the cooling system. Also needs valve seals replaced, it is burning oil bad.
Have you tried new bolts? Once they stretch, they keep stretching. New tightening sequence and new bolts should fix it for sure. If it's one of those gaskets that's not a real gasket but gasket maker, I suggest "the right stuff". Zack Catlin showed it to me a while ago and that ish is magic.
HerNameIsSway wrote: 1uz needs to be regasketed during my rear sump to front sump oil pan conversion so i can drop it in the blue coupe and leave it there. It's taking up my garage space.
Is it, just slap on new pan? Or i guess pickup/pump too? Doesn't sound too bad. I'd like pix of the process plz!
HerNameIsSway wrote: AE92 needs a head swap after I pull the engine/trans out (FWD layouts are a bitch to deal with since I can't pull the intake manifold) and I need to power wash the bay after I decided to paint it with a fire extinguisher...
:mrgreen:
-Yoshi
HerNameIsSway

Post by HerNameIsSway » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:04 pm

I had three connections in Japan fail to be able to find a supercharger pulley from a 1g-gze. The cars that have them are: Toyota Crown GS120, GS121, GS130; 1988–1990 Toyota Mark II/Chaser/Cresta GX81.

I have a fourth guy in February that will try to find one.

White coupe thermostat bolt is actually a stud where the thermostat housing stud holes go through the entire housing. The new (and old) stud is so short it can't hold two nuts locked together and fit two wrenches. I have to modify two spare nuts to make them thinner to fit as well as buy a wrench to grind thinner to fit onto the nut that is closest to the housing. The stud is threaded on both ends and not the full length. If I can get one side of the stud to stop completely Into the housing, then it won't leak through the thread which is where my problem lies.

The 1uz oil pan needs a structural webbing ground down to clear the steering rack mount and then regasket and should be set. I want to replace all bottom end seals while the pan is out as well as intake manifold gasket and starter since it is under the manifold.
Sway is like a race horse; if you push it sometimes, it's ok, but if you are hard on it all the time, then it's going to break its ankle and then you will have to shoot it.
danielsong25

Post by danielsong25 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:32 pm

I mean I considered E30 and everything is good except the fact that parts are expensive and from what I hear it's very technical to work on. I'm eyeballing on the S14, but I'm mainly considering an AE86. It's either one of those two. I always wanted a hachiroku project, but S14 seems more logical for track/drift.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:54 am

Damn sway, you got shit tons to do. Fuck. lol.

Price for parts wise, E30 is much cheaper than AE86. What's technical to work on? Shits so basic. Ain't an E90 son. S14s are still expensive to buy. E30s are like $2k running while S14s got that damn drift tax on them. Just saying, shits cheaper. Factory LSD say whaaaat.
-Yoshi
danielsong25

Post by danielsong25 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:43 pm

I know AE86 parts are expensive. I'm prepared to pay for it only because it's been my dream car/project. Just the idea of German engineering just sticks to my mind there's no slack for errors. I'd have to look around for S14s if I buy one. I mean, if I find like a $500 E30 project that'll be a relatively a cheap build, I'll probably go for it.
Yoshi
Site Admin

Post by Yoshi » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:36 pm

I do find those from time to time. Usually automatic though. $1k for a manual that runs isn't unheard of.
-Yoshi
danielsong25

Post by danielsong25 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:18 pm

I found a $500 one recently on craigslist. I don't have the money or space tho.